Lamar State College - Port Arthur House Bill 2504 Information
House Bill 2504 Information
During the 2009 legislative session, the Texas Legislature passed legislation designated HB 2504 that mandates that public institutions of higher learning in the State of Texas make available to the public certain information concerning undergraduate classroom courses offered for credit, departmental budgets, cost of attendance, and student employment opportunities.
- Faculty Curriculum Vitae (CV) - According to HB-2504, the online CV for each instructor of record for a particular class should include post-secondary education, teaching experience and significant professional publications. No personal information (such as home address or personal telephone number) should be included in the document.
- HB-2504 requires the posting of syllabi that contain minimally the following information: course and instructor identifiers, learning objectives, major assignments, required and recommended reading, and a brief list/description of discussion topics.
- Student Evaluation of Faculty - This process provides all students the opportunity to evaluate their instructors each semester. It is an important part of maintaining the quality of the educational process at LSC-PA. The college needs and greatly values your participation and feedback.
- Departmental Budgets
- Cost of Attendance Calculator
- Tuition and Fees Chart
- Student Employment Opportunities