House Bill 2504 Spring 2011 Course Syllabus ITSW-2337-01 (Adv Database)
Spring 2011 Course Syllabus
ITSW-2337-01 (Adv Database)
|Instructor||Schipplein, Patricia Lynn|
|Course ID #||10191|
|Course Title||Adv Database|
|Course Description||Advanced concepts of database design and functionality.|
|Course Prerequisites||ITSW 1307 Introduction to Database with a C or better|
|Required Textbooks||New Perspectives Microsoft Office Access 2007, by Joseph Adamski and Kathleen Finnegan, Thomson/Course Technology, ISBN # 978-1-4239-0589-9|
Explain relational database theory; collect and distribute data; analyze data; and perform complex queries, data validation and table relationships.
Lucky Tire Database
1. Creating Custom Forms using Form Tools
2. Creating Custom Reports
3. Action Queries and Advanced Table Relationships
5. Using and Writing VBA Code
6. Managing and Securing a Database
Research has shown a cause and effect relationship between attendance and college success. See Additional CIS Class Policies below.
1. You should attend every class meeting. The instructor reserves the right to drop you from the class if you miss more than 6 hours of class.
2. Tardiness is not acceptable. You are required to be on time. Once the class is in progress, the instructor reserves the right to deny access to the classroom or impose other penalties.
3. Missed quizzes will each be recorded as a zero. No makeup quizzes will be given.
4. You are responsible for completing all assigned homework and for being prepared for each class meeting. This applies even if you were absent for the previous class meeting.
5. Cell phones should be set to vibrate during class time. You may quietly leave the room to answer an important call if needed—be sure to return quietly as well. Cell phones may not be visible during a testing period. Any violation of this rule will result in the student receiving a Zero on the test.
1. If you are absent and miss an exam, you will receive a grade of zero unless the instructor agrees to give you a makeup exam or make other arrangements. Requests for makeup exams are granted only if you have an exceptional reason for missing an exam--such as a medical emergency or death in the family.
2. Only one missing exam grade may be made up. All other missed exams will be recorded as a zero. It is the student’s responsibility to initiate arrangements for a makeup. Approval for the makeup should be cleared with the instructor prior to the date of absence. If this is not possible, the student must ask for such approval the first day upon returning to class.
3. The format of a makeup exam often differs substantially from that of a regularly scheduled exam.
4. If you are tardy for any exam or quiz, you will be allowed to take the exam or quiz only with the instructor’s approval.
5. Academic dishonesty in any form will not be tolerated. Please consult the student handbook for consequences of academic dishonesty. These policies will be strictly enforced.
6. No assignment will be accepted after its assigned due date unless prior arrangements have been made with the instructor.
|Determination of Final Grade||
Daily Assignments: 20%
Major Tests: 60%
Final Exam: 20%
|Final Exam Date||May 12, 2011 - 8:00 AM|
Copyright ©2010 Lamar State College - Port Arthur. All Rights Reserved.