- Lamar State College – Port Arthur supports veterans through the Financial Aid office.
- A staff of 4 employees assist veterans with their degree programs at LSC-PA.
- Our staff will review your schedule to make sure your classes are on your degree plan.
- They will assist with your change of program information Form 1995.
- Will work with student with payment issues with the help of the Educational Liaison Representative Department of Veterans Affairs Texas Education Service Center.
- If questions arise concerning the needs of the veteran they will be directed to areas of the campus that may be of assistance.
LSCPA is a Servicemembers Opportunity Colleges (SOC) member
* SOC, co-sponsored by the American Associations of State and Universities (AASCU) and the American Association of Community Colleges (AACC) functions in cooperation with 14 other higher education associations, the Department of Defense, Active and Reserve Components of the military Services and the Department of Veterans Affairs to expand and improve voluntary postsecondary education opportunities for servicemembers worldwide.
*The SOC consortium comprised of more than 1,900 college and university members , enrolls hundreds of thousands of servicemembers, their family members and veterans annually in associate, bachelor, and graduate-level- degree programs on school, campuses, military installations, armories, within the united States and overseas, and through distance learning and learning assessment. These voluntary programs are a significant joint venture and require a strong commitment and coordination among the academic institutions and agencies, the military Services including the National Guard, the Coast Guard, and the Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD).
(*Servicemembers Opportunities Colleges SOC Principles and Criteria 2011-2013)
Financial Aid Office:
Visit the Financial Aid homepage