Gates Memorial Library
Databases by Subject Area
Library | Catalog | Databases by Name A−Z
LSCPA Card Catalog - This service provides access to LSCPA's card catalog online. You will have three search methods available: (1) Simple Search enables you to search using a 'keyword' or 'phrase'. (2) Browse Search allows you to search by a specific category such as 'Author', 'Title', 'Subject', etc. Search results appear in alphabetical order beginning with the nearest field matching the information you entered. (3) Power Search gives you the advantage of combining different categories such as 'Author' AND 'Title' OR 'Subject' enabling you to search multiple terms simultaneously.
For more database options check other database lists,
What is a database?
A database is an organized collection of related information about a subject that can be rapidly searched, retrieved, and sorted. Library databases are usually previously published information products such as books or articles from magazines or journals. They are organized to be searched by author, title, subject or keyword. Examples are library catalogs, periodical databases, and encyclopedia databases.
The key to successful research is picking the right database. Ask yourself these questions:
- Does the database cover my topic of interest?
- Does it have the full-text of articles or just citations to articles?
- Does it cover the appropriate time period?
Click on the subject you are interested in, read the brief descriptions of the databases to help you choose the right resource. Click on the link to access the databases.
Databases by Subject Area
- Academic - General Periodical
Databases with Broad Coverage of Subjects
- Accounting, Business, Economics, Finance, Management,
Marketing, and Office Technology
- Allied Health, Health, Nursing, Nutrition and Substance Abuse
- Biography and Genealogy
- Computer Science, Information Science
- Current Events, Newspapers
- Education, Professional Development
- Government, History, Political Science
- Legal Services
- Performing Arts
- Philosophy, Psychology, Religion
- Science and Technology
- Social Science
- Spanish Databases
- References (Encyclopedias, Dictionaries, Handbooks)
- Other Library Catalogs
If you need further assistance, please ask a librarian, in person or online Ask a Librarian
Our purpose is: To provide essential library resources and services - collections, instruction, access, facilities and personnel - to our students, faculty and staff in support of the educational programs.
Lamar State College, Library Services, 317 Stilwell Blvd., Port Arthur, TX 409-984-6220 [8-2013]
You are Visitor Number
Counter Courtesy of www.digits.com