Human Resources Responsibilities
- Will assist students in searching for jobs and submitting applications for the purpose of employment on-campus.
- Help students obtain career-related and practical work experience.
- Ensure College-wise compliance with Student Employment policies.
- Help student employees understand their responsibilities and commitment to their job on-campus.
Qualifications for On-Campus Employment
- The student must be in good academic standing and maintaining satisfactory academic progress. The student must maintain a 2.0 GPA or better.
- The student is enrolled at least at a half-time basis of at least six hours during the Fall/Spring semesters, or at least three semester hours during each of the summer sessions, for a total of six semester hours.
- The student is a citizen of the United States, a U.S. national or permanent resident.
- Students can work at least 20 hours a week but, they cannot exceed 20 hours a week.
- Work Study is a program that provides jobs for students with financial need, allowing them to earn more money to help pay educational expenses and reduce loan debt while subsidizing a portion of their wages. Work Study DOES NOT imply that students can study at the workplace.
How To Apply
- Complete the on-line student application and submit your resume. (Click Here)
- All males must complete the Selective Service Registration Verification form. (Click Here)
- All students must complete the Request for Information form. (Click Here)
- All students must complete the DPS Criminal History Verification form. (Click Here)
- Print the forms, sign, and return to the Human Resources Office in the Madison Monroe Building, room 113 between the hours of 9 am to 12 pm, Monday-Friday.
- Students need to review the list of available jobs on campus and inform the Human Resources Office which jobs they are interested in being consider for. Student Applications will only be forwarded to the hiring departments upon the student’s request.
- Visit the Financial Aid Department web page at (Click Here). to obtain information about Federal Work Study.
For information regarding off-campus employment, please contact or visit the
Business and Technology department:
Hours of operation:
8-5 Monday through Friday
Madison Monroe Building
Some documents are in PDF format and require Adobe Acrobat Reader. Visit the PDF instructions page for more information.