The Technical Programs Division is responsible for the planning, supervision, and evaluation of all instructional programs preparing students for immediate entry into the workforce.
Workforce development grants funded through the State, as well as federally funded grants to support students with special needs, are administered through
the Technical Programs office.
The Dean of Technical Programs coordinates all Tech Prep activities and facilitates student articulation between the high school and college program.
The Technical Programs Division offers a variety of programs in vocational and technical education leading to an Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.) degree or to certificates of varying length. These programs are not designed to transfer to typical four-year institutions and have as their focus providing students with the expertise necessary for employment in today's complex economy. Qualified instructors, using the latest technology, introduce students to the knowledge and skills that business and industry currently seek in potential employees.
Each A.A.S. degree program also contains a general education component that emphasizes humanities, communication, mathematics skills, and social awareness. These general education courses within the A.A.S. meet transfer-level standards and will, in fact, transfer to four-year institutions.
ASSOCIATE OF APPLIED SCIENCE DEGREE:
- ASSOCIATE OF APPLIED SCIENCE ADMINISTRATION ASSISTANT
- ASSOCIATE OF APPLIED SCIENCE COSMETOLOGY INSTRUCTOR
- ASSOCIATE OF APPLIED SCIENCE COSMETOLOGY OPERATOR
- ASSOCIATE OF APPLIED SCIENCE COMMERCIAL MUSIC-PERFORMANCE (SESSION MUSICIAN)
- ASSOCIATE OF APPLIED SCIENCE COMMERCIAL MUSIC-SOUND ENGINEER
- ASSOCIATE OF APPLIED SCIENCE INSTRUMENTATION TECHNOLOGY
- ASSOCIATE OF APPLIED SCIENCE MEDICAL OFFICE ADMIN
- ASSOCIATE OF APPLIED SCIENCE NETWORK SPECIALIST
- ASSOCIATE OF APPLIED SCIENCE PARALEGAL
- ASSOCIATE OF APPLIED SCIENCE PROCESS TECHNOLOGY
- ASSOCIATE OF APPLIED SCIENCE SOFTWARE DEVELOPER
- ASSOCIATE OF APPLIED SCIENCE SURGICAL TECHNOLOGY
- ASSOCIATE OF APPLIED SCIENCE UPWARD MOBILITY NURSING
Students interested only in gaining basic training in vocational areas can take advantage of several certificate programs offered by the Technical Programs Division. The programs normally can be completed in one calendar year. Students successfully finishing one of these programs should possess the basic skills required for entry-level employment in that particular occupational field.
- ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT CERTIFICATE
- AUTOMOTIVE SERVICE TECHNICIAN CERTIFICATE
- AUTOMOTIVE TECHNOLOGY CERTIFICATE
- COMPUTER PROGRAMMER CERTIFICATE
- COSMETOLOGY INSTRUCTOR CERTIFICATE
- COSMETOLOGY OPERATOR CERTIFICATE
- ENTERTAINMENT BUSINESS CERTIFICATE
- ESTHETICS CERTIFICATE
- MEDICAL OFFICE ASSISTANT CERTIFICATE
- MULTI-MEDIA & DESIGN CERTIFICATE (55+ Program)
- NETWORK SPECIALIST CERTIFICATE
- PROCESS TECHNOLOGY CERTIFICATE
- RECEPTIONIST CERTIFICATE
- SURGICAL TECHNOLOGY CERTIFICATE
- VOCATIONAL NURSING CERTIFICATE